As a native New Yorker, I grew up having Pizza every Friday night. At the end of a long week, my mom would call up our favorite pizza place and order a large cheese pie and a dozen garlic knots. We would chow down before settling in for an evening of fun.
We wouldn’t always play board games, sometimes we watched a movie, but we ALWAYS had pizza for dinner. If you’re short on time or not in the mood to cook, ordering pizza delivery is a great solution for feeding your guests during game night.
If you want to make something yourself, these pizza rolls are a tasty finger food that are super simple to put together!
With 3 simple ingredients and marinara sauce on the side, you have yourself a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
PEPPERONI PIZZA ROLLUPS
| Makes 16 Rolls | Cook Time: 12 mins | Total Time: 20 mins |
2 cans crescent rolls
1 package pepperoni
1 bag mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop open crescent roll can and place dough on a cutting board separating each triangle.
- Place 3 slices of pepperoni on the wider side of the triangle.
- Sprinkle with about ½ tablespoon of cheese.
- Roll up and place the seam side down on a baking sheet. If some of the cheese falls out when rolling, just stuff it back in.
- Continue steps 3-5 until all of the crescent triangles are used up. Store leftover cheese and pepperoni in the fridge for other use.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the tops are golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute before using a spatula to transfer Pepperoni Pizza Rollups to serving dish.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
>You can leave out the pepperoni for those who don’t like and make a “cheesy bread” variation by sprinkling the crescent triangle with cheese, garlic powder, oregano and salt.
>We like serving these with a tomato basil sauce for extra flavor but any marinara sauce will do.
This recipe is a super simple and tasty appetizer that is well suited for game night. If you make it or have any questions, leave a comment down below!